starting strength gym

Thread: Yohimbine in a normal dude context

Default Yohimbine in a normal dude context

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm just kind of an average 36 year old dude slowly losing weight by counting calories/macros. I'm doing a four day split with two days of sorta-GPP sorta-cardio (usually Andy Baker's deadmill).

Is there a usefulness for yohimbine for either
    1. weightloss in this context (just trimming the dadbod up a bit, not trying to cut to bodybuilding levels) or
    2. as a preworkout stimulant?

I guess I'm wondering would you have someone take it daily indefinitely, vs. just during weight loss periods, vs. just taking it as a part of a preworkout only on workout days? Or is it not really suitable in my context at all.

I mean it's kinda cheap and I know you've indicated yohimbine is generally safe, and that it's probably hepatically safe (or at least no evidence of it being unsafe), but I guess I worry about taking it for months at a time just based on a few casual comments you've made on the boards.

This is assuming the average lifter (me) is already taking creatine and beta alanine and has adequate amounts of both whey and sleep.

I think it can be used as a stimulant, but I don't find it particularly powerful. Perhaps some improvement in weight loss, but again I don't think it's that great.

So, overall I'd basically take it for 12-16 week whilst cutting and then take a holiday. I wouldn't really be cutting indefinitely anyway.