starting strength gym

Thread: Squat shoes

Default Squat shoes

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Jordan,

I'm 22 yo 6'1, and was wondering if a 0.5 heel would be better in squatting than a 0.75? I'm looking at the Reebok Lifter PR that has a 0.6 heel and Do-Wins that are 0.75 because they are in my price range.

Thanks in advance.

I think the 3/4 heel height is good for most folks and would recommend the VS athletics over both of those shoes in that price range.

I'm very happy that I followed Jordan's advice to me when I bought my first pair of lifting shoes (Adidas Power Perfect II's for me).

On a different note:

Jordan,
    A friend in the Hampton Roads area needs a cobbler and I told him I might be able to get a line on a good one from you. Mind passing the name of yours to me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Serack View Post
    I'm very happy that I followed Jordan's advice to me when I bought my first pair of lifting shoes (Adidas Power Perfect II's for me).

On a different note:

Jordan,
    A friend in the Hampton Roads area needs a cobbler and I told him I might be able to get a line on a good one from you. Mind passing the name of yours to me please?
    I don't know the name, but the cobbler shop is the only one off Olney across the street from Chipotle/red dog/Y not pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I don't know the name, but the cobbler shop is the only one off Olney across the street from Chipotle/red dog/Y not pizza.
    *google* Oh, Colley Avenue. Ok, passed it along, thanks. I remember you referring to them as a "good cobbler" in your podcast when you showed off your Power Perfect II's without the heels.

Hi Jordan,

I'm in about the same boat as 'kingbrady' but shorter and older. 5'9 33yo 165lb and long in the torso. Do you recommend the VS Athletics IIs? or the originals? I'm in about the same boat as 'kingbrady' but shorter and older. 5'9 33yo 165lb and long in the torso. I really don't want to spend more than $100 unless it's really worth it get something else. Thank you for your guidance,

–Chris

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishornick View Post
    Hi Jordan,

I'm in about the same boat as 'kingbrady' but shorter and older. 5'9 33yo 165lb and long in the torso. Do you recommend the VS Athletics IIs? or the originals? I'm in about the same boat as 'kingbrady' but shorter and older. 5'9 33yo 165lb and long in the torso. I really don't want to spend more than $100 unless it's really worth it get something else. Thank you for your guidance,

–Chris
    I don't think it matters VS 1 vs II's, but them or the Adidas power perfect 2.0's would be my recommendation.