starting strength gym

Thread: Is it worth to lose weight with little to no protein?

Default Is it worth to lose weight with little to no protein?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The only thing I could afford right now is whole milk (and that has a bunch of fats/carbs....). Is consuming half a gallon (2 litres) of milk and eating 9 weet-bix could suffice for weight-loss? The estimated intake of that turns out to be 1800 calories and 100g of protein with a bunch of carbs/fats.

Or should I just maintain... Till I get a part time job (I have college/uni), make money, buy chicken, salads, and protein powders?

I'm looking to lose 33lb (15kg) slowly over this year from being 253lb (115kg) whilst making a bit of strength gains.

I don't live in the states... I'm not on welfare... And yes I live in Australia (I guess life is easy here, but however a lot of stuff is expensive here, and its hard to get a job here....)

Thanks.

You can't afford to buy groceries?

Hello, Dr. Feigenbaum.

Could only spend under 10 bucks a week... I could buy 3 gallons worth of milk and my mother could chip in 2 gallons of milk. So five in total... As milk is a cheap source of protein. I'm not sure if milk would be good for weightloss...

Thanks,

V.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric Aura View Post
    Hello, Dr. Feigenbaum.

Could only spend under 10 bucks a week... I could buy 3 gallons worth of milk and my mother could chip in 2 gallons of milk. So five in total... As milk is a cheap source of protein. I'm not sure if milk would be good for weightloss...

Thanks,

V.A.
    I think there are other considerations to be made here if that is the case. Sorry man.

Where are you getting your other vitamins and nutrients from?

If you can only spend $10/week on groceries and decided to spend that all on Milk and lift weights you are officially my hero

I'll just leave this here...

starting strength coach development program
    Kangaroo's are not just hoping down the streets anymore. Not since 1997 anyway.

You can't just go out and wallop a few on the head with your nulla nulla and get a good high protein low carb meal.

It costs just as much as a good fillet steak at the supermarket.