starting strength gym

Thread: Junkfood based diet advice?

Default Junkfood based diet advice?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    After mid May (when my exams finish), I'll have 3+ months to lift without any interruptions.

Basic stats -> age = 20, height = 6ft 5.5, BW = 109kg and look skinny (will be down to 105kg by mid May due to stress of exams)

So I'm basically asking about how effective this junkfood based diet will be during LP. I dont care about my body composition, getting fat etc.

I'll be lifting Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Breakfast -> oatmeal (with peanut butter), yogurt, fruit, milk -> altogether, around 40-50g of protein, ~750-1000cal
    Lunch -> throughout the day (11am to 6pm), 4 chicken breasts (100g+ of protein) with a lot of pasta
    Dinner -> whatever my parents make me
    I'll be having 3litres of milk per day (~1500 cal, ~100g of protein)
    I have broccoli, cauliflower, spinach etc with my last meal every night.

Onto the junkfood:
    - Every Sunday, I'll have a large (14inch) pepperoni pizza (~2200 cal, ~100g of protein)
    - Every Tuesday night, I'll have a tub of ben and jerry's ice cream (~1300 cal, ~20g of protein)
    - Every Wednesday night, I'll have healthy protein pancakes (~1500 cal, ~100g of protein)
    - Every Friday night, I'll have McDonalds (20 McNuggets, large fries and a big Mac) (~2000 cal, ~100g of protein)

On the days that I wont be eating junkfood, I'll eat bigger portions of the food I'm already eating + an extra 0.5-1l of milk + an extra meal of a small bowl of pasta, 1 chicken breast, veg and milk before I go to bed.

I dont use any supplements but will be borrowing my brother's protein powder for the pancakes.

This is my cheapest and quickest way of getting in ~5000-6000cal per day from this diet. I am desperate to get my lifts up and be finished with LP. Again, I don't give a fuck about how I look, I just want to get strong, and get strong quickly.

My q is, will this big increase in calories drive better training for me or am I just wasting my money? Should I alter the timing of the junkfood (eg have the pizza midweek since it's the most calorie dense etc)? How retarded is this plan? Will I die from the insane amounts of salt I'll be taking in? Will the big gain in fat negatively affect my training? Should I reconsider my life?

I have many questions here, but ultimately they don't matter because you're 20, tall, and underweight. You can do the plan you mention and see how it works. You might need more calories at some point, but you'll find out soon enough.

As far as things to reconsider, I would suggest that if at age 20 you think you may be too busy to find time to train consistently that you re-evaluate how you prioritize your time.

Why don't you just set a macro goal and try to hit it every day. Sometimes that may include pizza, sometimes that may involve ice cream. Seems like you're over thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    As far as things to reconsider, I would suggest that if at age 20 you think you may be too busy to find time to train consistently that you re-evaluate how you prioritize your time.
    Yeah man, you're on basic LP, shouldn't need more than 1 hour and 15 minutes or so 3 times a week for a while. After that, you should never need more than 1.5 to 2 hours unless you are doing TM or some other silliness. If you can't accommodate that, than you are living your life wrong at this point.