starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whey selection

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post

Yea I will for sure, but the problem is more of a business one than a strategic move. So, let's say I buy 1000 units from the manufacturer- that's ~20k (ballpark) for a single size, single flavor. In order to keep that in stock I'll need to have a good amount of liquid capital in addition to revenue to keep production rolling for the single size whereas if I had two sizes or multiple flavors, I'd need even more. It's strange to me that the mfg won't let me buy the stuff "per lb" but rather per unit. In any event, I'll be planning on expanding operations if it's successful
    Vendor financing? Or talk to your banker. There are many possibilities. Businesses aren't supposed to finance inventory with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post

Yea I will for sure, but the problem is more of a business one than a strategic move. So, let's say I buy 1000 units from the manufacturer- that's ~20k (ballpark) for a single size, single flavor. In order to keep that in stock I'll need to have a good amount of liquid capital in addition to revenue to keep production rolling for the single size whereas if I had two sizes or multiple flavors, I'd need even more. It's strange to me that the mfg won't let me buy the stuff "per lb" but rather per unit. In any event, I'll be planning on expanding operations if it's successful
    Interesting - same hurdles I face at work working in the food business. Are you buying from a spray dryer, a whole saler, or a turn key private label shop? (I source dry powders at my day job).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinic View Post
    My wife recently started working for a contract supplement manufacturer (on the finance side) if you're looking for additional quotes and/or flexibility. I'm sure she'd be happy to put you in touch with her favorite salesperson.
    It would be cool to talk to her to see if there are options.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    Vendor financing? Or talk to your banker. There are many possibilities. Businesses aren't supposed to finance inventory with cash.
    Yea obviously that would be ideal, though the thoughts of taking a line of credit with any interest does not seem palatable to me. I think I will be able to make some moves after the initial run given that the vendor did not know me from anyone else prior to getting this product developed and produced.

Quote Originally Posted by jkolt View Post
    Interesting - same hurdles I face at work working in the food business. Are you buying from a spray dryer, a whole saler, or a turn key private label shop? (I source dry powders at my day job).
    This company as I understand, is a turn key private label shop in house at one of the world's ~10 protein manufacturers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123