starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whey selection

Default whey selection

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I remember once upon a time reading that the whey supplement you take is one that you have actually designed yourself. Forgive me please if I'm mistaken.

I was just wondering if you could explain why you chose to go that route (in designing your own) and if you would ever consider putting your special blend on the market.

Thanks!

It is being manufactured right now. I think there are some shady things going on at present time in the protein industry, in general and so I'm trying to do a better job than they do.

Are you referring to protein spiking or is there some new nefarious practice I haven't heard about?

Is this is regards to whey blends or even whey concentrate/isolate? I've heard of whey blends being suspect from a lot of fillers. But, I would hope straight up whey concentrate should be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    Are you referring to protein spiking or is there some new nefarious practice I haven't heard about?
    Mostly that, but also pushing the limits of what's "legal" in labeling (see Isagenix)

So what brands would you recommend (yours of course)? I purchase MyProtein because of the price and reviews tend to give it a good rating as far as product as indicated on the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    It is being manufactured right now. I think there are some shady things going on at present time in the protein industry, in general and so I'm trying to do a better job than they do.
    Awesome. :-) consider me a customer in line.

I've been using the NOW brand unflavored whey concentrate because it's cheap and GMP certified. I hope it's doing me more good than harm!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Any idea what your price point will be for gram of protein? I mean, I'm not cheap (I prefer frugal), and I love myself but...

stuff even as common as ON can be pretty pricey and if I recall they have had some bad lab test results (though I'm not sure of the objectivity of the study group). Isagenix is such a fucking rip off I laughed when my wife bought some on the advice of her dermatologist, and pointed out that she was paying a shit ton of money for something that she could approximate with whey and psyllium husk powder for a considerable savings.

starting strength coach development program
    My assumption is NOW brand is pretty clean. I now get the store brand stuff from my local hippy store...I'm making some gross assumptions, but they kick out brands from the store if they have bad practices.

Protein Spiking?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast