starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myprotein whey vs MusclePharm Combat protein powder

Default Myprotein whey vs MusclePharm Combat protein powder

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    hello:

I have been using combat protein to supplement my daily intake, well i've stated to, as a general goal of unF#&ing my diet and allowing me to actually achieve some goals. So today I used the combat protein. A body builder friend recommended it because its 'time released.' Now I also have myprotein that I use post workout sometimes.

My question is, which is better for supplementation for breakfast? Are they the same? One other piece of info is the combat powder is harder on my stomach.

FYI the Combat powder gets its protein from Whey hydrolysate / isolate / concentrate / egg albumin / micellar casein

I think a blend like you describe is suboptimal and over priced.

Whey protein concentrate or whey protein isolate are my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Simmons View Post
    FYI the Combat powder gets its protein from Whey hydrolysate / isolate / concentrate / egg albumin / micellar casein
    Not sure what type of Combat you're looking at but "MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey Protein Powder" on Amazon lists Isolate and Concentrate as the first two ingredients and doesn't list hyrdosolate. It's $38 for a 4lb tub and seems fairly priced to me. Taste is also pretty good compared to a lot of others in that price range.

If you don't want to approve this Jordan that's cool, I just figured I'd set the record straight. I mean I can't actually buy yours yet!

I'm currently using Bulk Powders 'Pure Whey Protein' with 24g protein per 30g.

Is there any benefit going for a more expensive isolate version? They have a whey isolate 90 with 27g protein per 30g and a 97 with 29.4g per 30g serving.

Does it make any difference?

Thank you. I'm switching to a whey isolate because its easier on the stomach then concentrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    I'm currently using Bulk Powders 'Pure Whey Protein' with 24g protein per 30g.

Is there any benefit going for a more expensive isolate version? They have a whey isolate 90 with 27g protein per 30g and a 97 with 29.4g per 30g serving.

Does it make any difference?
    I do not think the "grams per serving" is the main thing to make a decision off of wrt protein powder. Rather, I'd use the bcaa content per serving, cost, and taste as my main selling points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I do not think the "grams per serving" is the main thing to make a decision off of wrt protein powder. Rather, I'd use the bcaa content per serving, cost, and taste as my main selling points.
    Is there a cap on effectiveness for the the level of bcaa's per serving? Or is that a dumb question?

What is the idea BCAA per serving?

I came across this excellent article that emphasizes BCAA content for optimizing protein intake called 7 Rules to Optimize Protein Intake. I highly recommend it every time nutrition comes up in the gym.

Also, I'll second that the "MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey Protein Powder" tastes great, although I'll add that the amazon product listing is for 5lb or 2lb not 4.

starting strength coach development program
    Also, the new website design doesn't load the graphic of the muscle fiber up-taking amino's from the blood stream at the top of the article any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast