starting strength gym

Thread: Can lifting and better diet improve cholesterol ?

Default Can lifting and better diet improve cholesterol ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Age 29
    Body Weight 91 Kg

I have slightly high cholesterol and I am wondering if continuing the program may improve/fix it. I do not want to take meds.

I am attaching my complete lab diagnostic report. Please let me know if it is fine and what kinds of food to eat and what to avoid.

Also have pain in top of patella ( from bad squat technique?) and Doc also gave an ESR test and it came out as "25.0". Is that normal?

report.pdf - DocDroid

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this Jordan. My partner just had lab results come back that she is panicking over and is seems very much like her doctor is tossing out outdated information and scare tactics. "ticking time bomb" and "walking heart attack" were both tossed out.

Yea there's a lot to unpack when it comes to talking specifics on training and cholesterol, but in general resistance training can bump HDL up a few points and changing the diet can certainly help, though the worse someone is lipid panel wise the better they do do with dietary changes.

How tall are you, OP and are you training right now? ESR is not very useful when someone has trained recently.