starting strength gym

Thread: To be a beast macros

Default To be a beast macros

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Can I just ask why the TBAB macro's (specifically protein) is very high compared to what advice you normally give on the forum?

I think you have said 220g is a pretty good goal for most people, even when I have asked about cutting weight etc.
    The TBAB recommendations would have me shooting for over 300g, which I think might be excessive? Would or agree or would aiming this high have benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    Can I just ask why the TBAB macro's (specifically protein) is very high compared to what advice you normally give on the forum?

I think you have said 220g is a pretty good goal for most people, even when I have asked about cutting weight etc.
    The TBAB recommendations would have me shooting for over 300g, which I think might be excessive? Would or agree or would aiming this high have benefits?
    It's hard to give a multiplier that fits everyone. I wouldn't recommend 300g for you. 250 sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    It's hard to give a multiplier that fits everyone. I wouldn't recommend 300g for you. 250 sounds better.
    Just curious, you sometimes seem to make slightly qualitative judgements on qualitative macro questions. So if your qualitative judgements lead to quantitative answers, couldn't you just express these judgements as several mathematical expressions for calories, proteins, carbs and fats?

I'd imagine the expressions would contain constant terms that are multiplied by a resting metabolic rate function, age function and a gender function that you then sum with some other term. I know this sounds cumbersome, but condensing your/others wisdom to clear mathematical expressions would be interesting to me and I'm sure others too.

I also understand these wouldn't be universal expressions because individual factors would make you lower/increase various numbers, but such expressions would still have some applicability.

If the quantitative data was consistent based on RMR or similar, age, and gender then yea it would be possible but it's not. Perhaps the math is above my pay grade.