starting strength gym

Thread: Can I test my Creatine to see if it is actually Creatine?

Default Can I test my Creatine to see if it is actually Creatine?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

is there any way of testing to see if the contents of my Creatine package are actually Creatine?

I recently ordered a packet of Creatine Monohydrate (Watermelon) from MyProtein (in the UK).

I have ordered Creatine from them a number of times before. As well as having bought some elsewhere, too. Each time I've bought Creatine, it has had a powdery, slightly flakey texture. Similar to the BCAA powders I have also bought. EG when I fill a scoop, it stacks over the brim of the scoop and has to be levelled off.

But this package's contents are different. The Creatine has a very fine crystalline / granular texture. It does not stack over the top of the scoop, and falls away easily. It seems like a different item entirely.

Since the Creatine I've bought from this producer has always had the same consistency, even across flavours, I'm vaguely suspicious this may not be Creatine and may have been mispackaged. I've sent them a support ticket - but I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone knows of a way to test Creatine. Or if any of what I describe sounds familiar?

Thanks.

It sounds like micronized creatine to me. It'd cost you more to test the thing vs. just buy more creatine. I probably wouldn't bother.

Is one preferable over the other? Is there even a difference? I ask because I've seen both too... the stuff I'm using now is like Casper describes (got it from GNC on sale), but I have had the powdery/flakey stuff in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    Is one preferable over the other? Is there even a difference? I ask because I've seen both too... the stuff I'm using now is like Casper describes (got it from GNC on sale), but I have had the powdery/flakey stuff in the past.
    It doesn't matter.