Thread: Burning Sensation in the Stomach

reygunz Guest

Question Burning Sensation in the Stomach

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm on my first week of SSLP.

I am 24, 5'5", 150 lbs

I am currently eating 5000 or more calories a day working my way up to GOMAD. I have never eaten so much in my life.

At night I am experiencing a burning sensation in my stomach that is very unpleasant and is keeping me awake. I have never had this sensation before so it obviously is a result of eat so much. After doing some research, I am unsure what this is. Some have suggested acid reflux, but I don't feel a burning in my chest or esophagus. Other suggestions are GERD, IBS, and lactose intolerance. Anyone who has aggressively bulked and experienced this, I would greatly appreciate your input.

You said you don't feel burning in your chest or esophagus but you have burning sensation in stomach? Sounds kind of like GERD to me (which is reflux), but idk how fast your brought your calories up.

reygunz Guest

Thanks for your reply Jordan!

When I had posted this, I was feeling absolutely terrible. Since then I have taken the advice to not eat as close to sleep. The sensation has not returned.

To answer your question, I upped my caloric intake from 2000-2500 to 5000 immediately. Pretty aggressive, and that probably had a lot to do with it. As I'm typing this, I remember reducing my calories the following two days before returning to 5000 or more calories a day.

While were on the subject, what would have been a smarter way to go about increasing calories (for a young underweight male)? Adding 500 calories a day until 5000 is reached?

Quote Originally Posted by reygunz View Post
    Thanks for your reply Jordan!

When I had posted this, I was feeling absolutely terrible. Since then I have taken the advice to not eat as close to sleep. The sensation has not returned.

To answer your question, I upped my caloric intake from 2000-2500 to 5000 immediately. Pretty aggressive, and that probably had a lot to do with it. As I'm typing this, I remember reducing my calories the following two days before returning to 5000 or more calories a day.

While were on the subject, what would have been a smarter way to go about increasing calories (for a young underweight male)? Adding 500 calories a day until 5000 is reached?
    I would've added 1000cals, observed weight gain, then continue to titrate up to produce weight gain as needed. Perhaps never getting to 5000, perhaps needing more than that.

reygunz Guest

Thanks Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by reygunz View Post
    I'm on my first week of SSLP.

I am 24, 5'5", 150 lbs

I am currently eating 5000 or more calories a day working my way up to GOMAD. I have never eaten so much in my life.

At night I am experiencing a burning sensation in my stomach that is very unpleasant and is keeping me awake. I have never had this sensation before so it obviously is a result of eat so much. After doing some research, I am unsure what this is. Some have suggested acid reflux, but I don't feel a burning in my chest or esophagus. Other suggestions are GERD, IBS, and lactose intolerance. Anyone who has aggressively bulked and experienced this, I would greatly appreciate your input.
    There is nothing fun about having a burning sensation in your stomach.In fact, the pain and discomfort that comes from stomach burning can be debilitating. Burning pain, heartburn, bloating, burping, nausea, and lack of appetite will affect one in four people at least once in their lifetime. Here are the conditions that can cause that unwanted, burning sensation in your stomach: Poor digestion, Food allergies, Lactose intolerance, Stomach ulcers, Bacterial infections, Constipation etc. You can try not posting stupid shit like I do here.
    Last edited by Jordan Feigenbaum; 05-18-2017 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Because I'm an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmac01 View Post
    There is nothing fun about having a burning sensation in your stomach.In fact, the pain and discomfort that comes from stomach burning can be debilitating. Burning pain, heartburn, bloating, burping, nausea, and lack of appetite will affect one in four people at least once in their lifetime. Here are the conditions that can cause that unwanted, burning sensation in your stomach: Poor digestion, Food allergies, Lactose intolerance, Stomach ulcers, Bacterial infections, Constipation etc. You can try not posting stupid shit like I do here.
    Jordan you sneaky monkey LOL

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by emmac01 View Post
    there is nothing fun about having a burning sensation in your stomach.in fact, the pain and discomfort that comes from stomach burning can be debilitating. Burning pain, heartburn, bloating, burping, nausea, and lack of appetite will affect one in four people at least once in their lifetime. Here are the conditions that can cause that unwanted, burning sensation in your stomach: Poor digestion, food allergies, lactose intolerance, stomach ulcers, bacterial infections, constipation etc. You can try not posting stupid shit like i do here.
    last edited by jordan feigenbaum; yesterday at 11:45 pm. Reason: Because i'm an asshole.
    last edited by jordan feigenbaum; yesterday at 11:45 pm. Reason: Because i'm an asshole.
    hahahaha