starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypertrophy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    I want to know if there are factors other than power-lifter's specificity that result in them out-squatting bodybuilders pound to pound
    I don't necessarily think this is always true and I don't think we can remove that variable either. Would be hard to say either way, though I suspect the specificity is a substantial portion of the adaptation.

I would guess that powerlifters, whose main goal is to lift the most amount of weight, are refining technique and improving neuromuscular efficiency because of specificity in training. I mean, some powerlifters try to figure out whether heels or flats allow then to lift more weight. Bodybuilders are strong and huge, but might lack the efficiency in the squat that a powerlifter has.

How do you know that powerlifters outsquat bodybuilders? Who told you

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that sarcoplasmic hypertrophy will be greater when the sarcoplasm has to expand as a response to it being insulted during training. If it is not stressed, it will not increase to the maximum amount.
    How do you insult a sarcoplasm? As a non-native speaker I must be missing something here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    That said, programs designed to drive hypertrophy optimally can do this without sets of 10-15, but it's not something anyone should worry about unless they're worried about getting too big or too strong.
    So if I understand this correctly one cannot alter the ratio of sarcoplasmic to myofibrillar to a significant degree regardless of their training? Therefore it's something that only high level athletes (especially in weight class sports) and bodybuilders should really care about.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by quad View Post
    How do you know that powerlifters outsquat bodybuilders? Who told you
    They mostly do, as they (powerlifters) tend to train for that sort of test.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    How do you insult a sarcoplasm? As a non-native speaker I must be missing something here...

So if I understand this correctly one cannot alter the ratio of sarcoplasmic to myofibrillar to a significant degree regardless of their training? Therefore it's something that only high level athletes (especially in weight class sports) and bodybuilders should really care about.
    No.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12