starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick Carbs Before Training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    Last question: in general, what's the limit in grams of sugar you recommend a normal, healthy individual not go over in a day?
    I have no such recommendation.

[QUOTE=Kiril;1567574]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post

Absolutely not you. Some sources from the web.
    Right, I disagree with them.

So, if not 3 hours, then how much? 2 would be enough?
    It's more personal preference, but I prefer 90-120 min.

If it's of any value a banana or apple with peanut butter and some granola works really well for me about an hour before training. If I have too many high GI carbs I feel like I get a bit of a crash later because of the big insulin dump and resulting low glucose afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MBM77 View Post
    If it's of any value a banana or apple with peanut butter and some granola works really well for me about an hour before training. If I have too many high GI carbs I feel like I get a bit of a crash later because of the big insulin dump and resulting low glucose afterwards.
    Sigh. Do you think it could be anything else other than this explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Sigh. Do you think it could be anything else other than this explanation?
    Hell I don't know but it sure seems to have happened enough to notice a pattern. What else would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by MBM77 View Post
    Hell I don't know but it sure seems to have happened enough to notice a pattern. What else would it be?
    Sure the pattern is there. But its not because of insulin and low glucose. If I learned one thing around here, dont make any assumptions or come up with "granny knows" explanations. I think thats what Jordan is pointing out.

Wantes to sound really smart but i cant remember. Jordan explained it has to do with the alkaline tide??

Although tbh, I cant find a whole lot about that explanation. Does science already agree on what causes the crash after dinner?

starting strength coach development program
    Basically it depends on a whole host of factors but your blood glucose changing markedly is not what's going on. I find that most people who compare eating High GI carbs to low GI carbs and who have the above response have a huge difference in total calorie intake and this in and of itself can lead to different outcomes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123