starting strength gym

Thread: Gynecomastia after cortisone

Default Gynecomastia after cortisone

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

greetings from Germany and sorry for my (propably) bad english.

I'm a 24 year old guy who had an allergic reaction to penicillin last year. I have been in Hospital for 7 or 8 days and they gave me cortisone.
    After that I still had to take cortisone-tablets and slowly reduce the amount.

That was few months ago and in the mean time I started with SS. I gained 12 kg (26 lbs) in the first 3 months. But now I store a lot of fat pretty obviously around the nipple area. It looks somilar to Gynecomastia, just smaler. But you can still see it through a shirt.

As far as I know can cortisone effect the adrenal cortex and disturb the hormone synthesis.

Can there be a Connection? And what can I do?

Would like to hear if you ever dealt with something like that. Thanks for a reply!

Chris

No, there isn't. It's likely a body fat thing, transient puberty thing, or anabolic steroid thing.

Ok, thanks. That calms me a bit.
    I dont realy belive its a body fat thing because im about 82kg (180 lbs) on 1,82m (5'9 ft). Im surely under 20% body fat.
    Its not a steroid thing neither. I can say for sure. Never took anything.

Is a transient puberty thing common with 24? Never heard about that. And do I just wait till it goas away without changing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
    Ok, thanks. That calms me a bit.
    I dont realy belive its a body fat thing because im about 82kg (180 lbs) on 1,82m (5'9 ft). Im surely under 20% body fat.
    Its not a steroid thing neither. I can say for sure. Never took anything.

Is a transient puberty thing common with 24? Never heard about that. And do I just wait till it goas away without changing anything?
    You can be >20% bodyfat at that height and weight and you can have puberty related gyno that never went away. If it's bothering you, I would see as doctor about it.

Ok, thanks! I will try to reduce body fat a bit just to be sure and if its not getting better I will see a doctor.

Chris, a calculator probably gave you "5,97... ft" for "1,82m". That doesnt equal 5ft 9, but 5ft and 0,97 of a feet which can be easily seen is 12inches...

Metric system ftw. Come on guys, you can do it.

starting strength coach development program
    I dont get that system. The metric System is clearly ahead
    But I quess it doesn't change anything on the question or Jordans answere