• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Greetings,

I am:
    6'4''
    393 lbs
    39% body fat

3 weeks into a Starting Strength Linear Progression - training 3x per week + Thursday soccer

Today's worksets:
    275 - 3x5 squat
    170 - 3x5 bench
    330 - 1x5 dead

I am eating 2800 calories daily - ~230 grams of protein on average.
    I have lost 10 lbs in last 8 weeks.

I am recovering sufficiently from my workouts to maintain a linear progression, but some local trainers / family doctor are highly suspect of the low calorie intake.

I'm currently planning to increase calorie intake slowly as recovery requires.

I am being advised by a local trainer to increase my caloric intake to 3800-4000 calories and states this will increase my response to training and increase weight-loss. I believe this is just dumb.

So the core question, so does a ~2500kcal BMR fall within the 'reasonable' range for someone of my size?

Thanks for reading.

I would not increase your calorie intake at all right now. Your rate of weight loss usurps the ill-educated professionals who have counseled you inappropriately. Continue the current calorie intake and training

Why would a professional scoff at a 2800cal diet that is generating weight loss in an individual with weight to lose? That's hardly a dangerous caloric deficit. Fuckin "trainers" man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    Why would a professional scoff at a 2800cal diet that is generating weight loss in an individual with weight to lose? That's hardly a dangerous caloric deficit. Fuckin "trainers" man.
    Exactly.