starting strength gym

Thread: Weight Gain Stalled

Default Weight Gain Stalled

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan, just want to start off by saying thanks for what you do. You've been a great resource for me on topics about lifting, nutrition, etc. Thanks!

I'm currently doing LP and all of my lifts are going up still, though squats are starting to grind (so it feels, but what do I know).

Squat: 335x5x3 (5#jumps, incorporating light day)
    Bench: 215x5x3 (2.5# jumps)
    Deadlift: 335x5 (just started DLing again, stopped for a while, non-injury related; making 10# jumps, alt. with PC)
    Press: 140x5x3 (2.5# jumps)

Weight/Height-wise I'm the skinny guy from TBAB, started around 160 at 181 now, 5'9". My weight stalled at 4,000 calories at 225/500/125. I added 25g to fats, which isn't optimal probably but I really despise carbs for some reason and it's easier for me to get in the cals through fats (pb&j vs brown rice?). My abzzz and even some obliques are still visible so I'm not too worried about gaining some more fat, as long as a good amount of muscle comes along for the ride.

I'm weighing daily and averaging out for weekly progress. But this past week I'm still not gaining. Does my problem have to do with my macros/calories or is my expectation of weight gain, for where I am now, too high (i.e. should I be expecting weight gain on a two week or even monthly basis)?

Also, if you highly recommend a different macro setup, then I'll do it. I just really like peanut butter.

Thanks!

This looks pretty simple- you just need more food. Add some more carbs and fats. You'll be fine.

Lol well damn. Am I just being a pud by thinking that 4,400 calories in high quality food is hard to get down the gullet? Some days my fiber is already getting close to 100 and I'm taking trips to the bathroom fairly frequently. Last night I was actually getting a headache from tasting the same shit over and over, so I resorted to eating fast food for the first time in ages.

Alas, reading back over that paragraph, I can see I'm vomiting excuses. Just looking for tips ya know.

Thanks.

Yea- eating a lot can be uncomfortable for a spell. Eating too little can as well.

True. Thanks Jordan.