starting strength gym

Thread: The Bridge Question

Default The Bridge Question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Jordan. Downloaded and just started The Bridge (thanks for putting it out). Quick question: When you say that on the press "each rep should be done from dead stop" do you mean that they should be a strict press rather than the Press 2.0 or 1.5? Or just that the eccentric portion of each rep shouldn't be allowed to "bounce" right into the next rep? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dkahr View Post
    Hey Jordan. Downloaded and just started The Bridge (thanks for putting it out). Quick question: When you say that on the press "each rep should be done from dead stop" do you mean that they should be a strict press rather than the Press 2.0 or 1.5? Or just that the eccentric portion of each rep shouldn't be allowed to "bounce" right into the next rep? Thanks.
    I mean that each rep should be done from a dead stop, i.e. no bounce.

Is there a good reason for NOT doing the press that way? I've seen SSC's do it and I've done it myself (the 1.0 press or whatever it's called). I imagine not bouncing makes the press harder in the same way that not touching and going on the DL makes the DL harder. If you ever plan on competing with the press I also imagine you need to practice it like will be preformed, i.e. from a dead stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    Is there a good reason for NOT doing the press that way? I've seen SSC's do it and I've done it myself (the 1.0 press or whatever it's called). I imagine not bouncing makes the press harder in the same way that not touching and going on the DL makes the DL harder. If you ever plan on competing with the press I also imagine you need to practice it like will be preformed, i.e. from a dead stop.
    Correct.