starting strength gym
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SS vs 5x5

Default SS vs 5x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I know this question has been hashed to death, Starting Strength vs Stronglifts 5x5 and I'm not asking which program is better =) but what is the benefit of doing 3x5 over 5x5? Just larger weights? Also, what sort of differences should I notice in my body when it comes to doing 3x5 over 5x5?

Thanks.

As you said, this has been discussed ad nauseam.

Heavier weights, and much easier to increase the weight 3 times a week without stalling.

I was a bit more curious as to what happens to your body. Bigger muscles, denser muslces, etc?

These guys trained 3x5:

This guy trains 5x5:

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gat-malice View Post
    I was a bit more curious as to what happens to your body. Bigger muscles, denser muslces, etc?
    What effects do you think lifting heavier weights and progressing faster without stalling will have on your body?

lmfao that's hilarious thanks guys =)

SS is a program based on actual coaching experience. Stronglifts is a rip off of SS and has no basis for it's programming and changes.

The answer is that you'll get farther with 3x5. If you follow everything exactly as Mehdi indicates, you will get terribly frustrated because Mehdi does not have much practical experience coaching people or lifting weights. As for differences in your body: let's look at this diachronically. If you do 5x5 and follow the StrongLifts advice for 6 months, odds are you'll be stuck around 245x5x5 at best. If you do Starting Strength as indicated in the book and follow Rippetoe's advice, there's a good chance you'll be around 315x3x5 on the squat. Since you'll be much stronger, your body will probably have bigger muscles. Your penis might be a couple inches longer, too, but size isn't what matters.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by cpbellavia View Post
    SS is a program based on actual coaching experience. Stronglifts is a rip off of SS and has no basis for it's programming and changes.
    Nonsense! Mehdi has gotten hundreds of people to pay him lots of money to give them totally completely personalized advice over the internets. It must be great.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast