starting strength gym

Thread: Quick question about Sheiko

Default Quick question about Sheiko

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys I am running Sheiko #29 (first time running a Sheiko program) and it is going well. I am in to week 3 and it is getting quite easy (which shows that I must have gotten stronger) now. I'm looking ahead to my next Sheiko cycle (probably #37) and I'm just wondering: how much do you guys add to your training max between adjacent cycles? I'm going to add an optimistic 5kg to the bench max since the benching was quite easy. How about the squat: should I add 5kg or 10kg or something in between? I want to make optimal progress and I also don't want to get bored (the easy squatting and benching sessions are becoming dull) but I don't want to find that I am missing reps or performing them with poor technique.

Also, if I run Sheiko cycles solidly for a year, will I become seriously strong and awesome or is it a bad idea to run these programs all year round?

Many thanks.

No experience with the Shieko programs.

My understanding is the you normally do 37 with the same maxes, since 37 ramps up the volume even more. So a cycle might be 29-37-meet prep cycle then test your 1rm, start new cycle.

That being said, if you found 29 easy you probably started with too low maxes.

Add 6.25lbs to your training maxes. Do not forget to take a breather from Sheiko programs because you will go into the dirt. Trust me. I know.

You can also go right into #37 after 29 or you can stay with 29. It is up to you. Most importantly, do not forget to take a breather.