starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Changing to intermediate?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Ha! nice catch. (though your math looks about an inch off also)
    175 / 2.54 = 68.897 so it's 5' 9"

68.9 / 12 = 5.74 so apparently when he said "5,7" he actually meant it.
    I always do that - I somehow learned that 1 inch = 25.04mm when it is 25.4mm, surprising how that .1mm ends up making a difference.

Think though at 16 being 68kg is pretty damn good...naturally he'll get to 90ish kg, with a few years of lifting he'll probably get a lot bigger. Think I was around 47kg at 16...didn't break 70kg until I hit 30, lol but have put another 15kg on in the last 10 years. 3kg since November last year while losing 4 inches off my belly - I like SS!

You guys are talking like he's 12. I know not everyone's fully grown by the same age but I'd stopped growing at 15, so to say this dude will naturally put on loads of weight (even 12kg more??), just from puberty, is absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Kregna View Post
    You guys are talking like he's 12. I know not everyone's fully grown by the same age but I'd stopped growing at 15, so to say this dude will naturally put on loads of weight (even 12kg more??), just from puberty, is absurd
    I find that hard to believe, you are now how old? and you are the same as you were at 15? How much did you weigh at 15? And if you reached max height at 15 I hate to tell you, but as you get older you are going to get shorter.
    Simple fact is that as people get older they gain weight. Hence why Opera etc make millions of $.

Funnily enough I was discussing my younger days just today. I remember at 15 that I had to sit on a pillow to see over the dash when driving, lol.

But, if this young guy is eating like a normal teenager (I do remember eating so much food at 15 - 18 and not really growing) and doing a SS program, of course he will put weight on, and if he sticks to the 'natural' progression for 4 - 5 years (i.e. he gets to 20ish) he will be maybe not be a 'monster' but he will be lifting some serious weight.

I do hope he doesn't let life get in the way..all that shit will come later, and doing 3 - 4 years of this now will set him for life, i.e. if he stops for a year or 2, he will always find that his body remembers the training and quickly re-adapts when he chooses to do this again.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by toonttm View Post
    I find that hard to believe, you are now how old? and you are the same as you were at 15? How much did you weigh at 15? And if you reached max height at 15 I hate to tell you, but as you get older you are going to get shorter.
    Simple fact is that as people get older they gain weight. Hence why Opera etc make millions of $.
    I don't think it's that out of the ordinary to stop growing in height around age 15.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345