starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Articles

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Also, you've been threatening to write something for the over-45 with no business gaining weight crowd--this I would gladly pay for.
    I second this.

Andy,

I'd also like to see an article maybe on transitioning from a 3 day TM model to a 4 day TM split.

Sincerely,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by keeptryn View Post
    I second this.
    Third it! Been looking forward to this since it was mentioned some time back.

Some other ideas:
    Also, general intermediate level manipulation of volume and/or intensity to continually drive progress.
    Intermediate programming for different goals - size, strength, diets/cutting, sport training, strongman, weightlifting etc.
    I second this. I'm getting close to switching over to intermediate programming, and I'd love to see more examples of how people have maintained progress over long periods of time. I get the basic principles of manipulating volume/intensity, but I think some small 'case studies' would be instructive to see how this might play out for different people - for instance, for someone with less ability to recover.

Andy, how to program the assistant lifts for the dead would be awesome. Idea....an article on recovery methods (ice, chiro, etc)

I would also like a more detailed approach to assitance lifts for the texas method. This may be outside of the articles scope since it seems the deadlift is the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUAT_316 View Post
    Idea....an article on recovery methods (ice, chiro, etc)
    I second this one. Specific injury recovery Q's usually need to be dealt with on a case-by-case, but an article on general recovery modalities for the lifter would be EXTRMELY useful.

I'd like to see more advice :
    1) for programming for the 40+ crowd,
    2) accessory lifts to support progress on the main lifts and how to evaluate when/why you need each one,
    3) dynamic effort programming (sets, reps, etc.) and what to look out for when you do them (bar speed, etc.)

Programming for the 40+ crowd

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jon cowie View Post
    How would you program deadlifting and assistance work for things like deadlift only, deadlift-as-often-as-squat (such as 5/3/1), deadlifting around other recovery constraints (such as throwing, athletics, contact sports etc)? hope this makes sense, and thanks!
    I wake up in cold sweats with this question as well. If you could just write the ultimate guide to deadlifting... that'd be great!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast