starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Requested routines for blackironbeast.com 5/3/1 Calculator?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I did an Upper style like Fran

22/16/8
    2 KB @1.5 pood

KB Snatch alt. hand
    KB Push/Press
    KB Farmer fast walk 200 feet
    KB Rows
    Planks - was going to try turkish get ups but i dont think i have the stamina for 22 reps.

I downloaded your calculator and modified it so that I wouldn't have to keep checking all those buttons. I also added cookies so that it will remember the weights I put in for the calculator. Now all I have to do is go to my custom calculator, adjust the weights, click calculate and write it all down in my notebook. You might consider adding cookies to the real version to store people's choices so they don't have to keep putting the numbers in and checking all the boxes.

And as far as the 45lb bar and all that, I just do it with the many many reps of the empty bar. Whatever. I'm not doing starting strength because I feel the weight increases are too aggressive for me. I hurt my back and had to work my way back up (still working my way) and felt like I should do a program with a more gentle or slower process of building strength. I find the sets where you try to do as many reps as you can to be a nice reminder that although I still can't bench more than 75lbs x 5 I can indeed bench way more than 5 reps at 70lbs now so there's been some kind of strength gain of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I still can't bench more than 75lbs x 5 I can indeed bench way more than 5 reps at 70lbs now so there's been some kind of strength gain of some sort.
    5 lb jumps are probably too much for you on the upper body lifts. You're not a 15 year old boy.

Did you ever buy those plumbing flanges? I have some big McMaster-Carr washers and some 20 ounce baseball bat weights. Neither were particularly expensive.

starting strength coach development program
    I bought some of those washers.

Before I hurt my back I had made it up to 5 sets of 3 at 75 for bench press. Now following the 5/3/1 calculator, last week I did 5+ at 70. This week was 3+ at 75. So that's where I am now. Next week is the 1 week and after that I'll add 2.5lbs for the next 3 weeks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234