starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training Log & Fat Loss Update

Default Training Log & Fat Loss Update

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    An in depth case study on how to get weak......

Down to 208......34 lbs lost; 3 lbs left to go.

Last Weeks' Training Updates - Baker Strength Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    An in depth case study on how to get weak......

Down to 208......34 lbs lost; 3 lbs left to go.

Last Weeks' Training Updates - Baker Strength Coaching
    Awesome stuff

Congrats, Andy. That is a big weight change.

Holy crap. This cements the fact that I have no will power. Nice work Andy.

Andy, I know it goes against your modest, unassuming, non-pretentious nature, but can you swallow hard and post a before & after pic?

Your astonishing re-comp serves as a living example of the truth of Rip's assertion that fat loss happens very quickly when you're strong and that it's completely worth it - especially for a Novice, more especially for a Geezer Novice - to Do The Program and get as strong as possible even if we add some fat along the way.

I weighed about 245 at the seminar at your place, de-loaded 10% to fix my screwups, and started again. I hit PRs in everything, put on another 7lbs (252 @ 6'2") and got yelled at by the FAA Flight Surgeon at my flight physical. Seems the FAA only cares about BMI and if it gets to some arbitrary number they assume you have sleep apnea and are a silent danger to everyone who steps on your airplane. At that point, you are obligated to prove that you don't have sleep apnea. Not wanting to wade into that pit of really dumb vipers, I decided to press "Pause" on my LP and see if Rip was right. My last junky meal was 14 June. I stripped all carbs out but about a handful of berries every other day. I eat literally as much protein as I can stuff into my soup cooler. On the 27th, I weighed-in at 239.5 and I'll likely be around 234-235 tomorrow morning.

All said and done I will be down close to 40 lbs after 3 months on the diet. I was hoping to preserve more of my strength than I have. However, if I was looking at my situation as a COACH and a lifter was doing what I've done, I'd say the strength lost was minimal. BUT when it's YOUR strength, it really sucks. I expect my numbers to come back once I level out and get out of the "losing" phase. I held onto my strength for a good long while, but once I dropped below about the 210 mark I kinda turned a corner and lost quite a bit.

I'm going to do a video or podcast on this whole experience: what I've learned, what I screwed up, what I did right, what I would do different, etc?

Down to 204. Cardio is up, calories are low, lifts are even lower! All done with training for the meet. Time to rest and hopefully get a slight calorie bump next week as I go into the meet.

Last Week of Training Before Meet - Baker Strength Coaching

Andy, what's the name of the meet you're doing? I wanna see if they're streaming the results.

By the way - how do dips feel without 40 extra pounds and how are your Pistols? Pistols are what you do when you're light and weak.

Not sure on name of meet. Its a USAPL event on July 11 in Houston. Should be able to look it up easily. I wouldn't get too excited about tuning in for my results.

I've never backed down from a weight, but I'm also a realist. My numbers are likely to be far below my PR numbers and not likely to put me in the top 3 of the 205 open division.

My reasoning for doing this meet was not to win (although winning is always fun) but to give me a target date and some accountability for my weight loss goals.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Not sure on name of meet. Its a USAPL event on July 11 in Houston. Should be able to look it up easily. I wouldn't get too excited about tuning in for my results.

I've never backed down from a weight, but I'm also a realist. My numbers are likely to be far below my PR numbers and not likely to put me in the top 3 of the 205 open division.

My reasoning for doing this meet was not to win (although winning is always fun) but to give me a target date and some accountability for my weight loss goals.
    Looks to be a huge meet, have fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast