starting strength gym
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Advanced Drug-Free Deadlift Programming Examples

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    @ tdood - thanks for posting that link and description of the program. It looks interesting, and worthy of an attempt to see how well it works.

What kind of set / rep scheme do you use for the rack pulls? Also, what are your thoughts on the set / rep / intensity for the accessory exercises?
    Last edited by Chebass88; 01-12-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Tdood. Thank you. this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    @ tdood - thanks for posting that link and description of the program. It looks interesting, and worthy of an attempt to see how well it works.

What kind of set / rep scheme do you use for the rack pulls? Also, what are your thoughts on the set / rep / intensity for the accessory exercises?
    I agree. I have the same questions. My lifts are smack dab in intermediate range, so I'd love to see how I'd modify bench and press to work those in (once a week). Maybe alternate heavy bench, light press and vice versa, every other week?

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster103 View Post
    I agree. I have the same questions. My lifts are smack dab in intermediate range, so I'd love to see how I'd modify bench and press to work those in (once a week). Maybe alternate heavy bench, light press and vice versa, every other week?
    For the rack pulls, I believe Brad's program says to work up to a top single, but don't max.. leave room to go up each session, even as you lower the rack height. I have had success with pulling them in the 1-5 rep range, as long as your form is tight and they are heavy. Example.. I remember one week working up to 675 and it not being crazy hard, but i decided i really had no business going heavier, so I did it for a triple. This i fine. I followed rack pulls with a bunch of SLDL's. It's really up to you, I've never really had a problem off the floor, or locking out, I slow down at my knees so the rack pulls address my sticking point well. if you struggle off the floor, I imagine snatch grip or deficit DL's might be good assistance. I think the point of the accessory work is to just get volume/tonnage, sets of 8-10. I'd say 30-40 reps in the 60-70% range(of your DL max) would suffice, regulate so you don't grind yourself to a pulp.

The other lifts can progress normally, if you make time to train them. This is best as a "deadlift only" or a least a "deadlift priority" day. Rack pulls are a fine substitute for deadlifts any time you are trying to push intensity, I wouldn't use them for volume work at all.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for answering. It sounds like a good option to have in my back pocket once progression with other methods begins to slow down.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011