starting strength gym
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: SS SQUATS becoming Grindfest!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    Many thanks again. I will go ahead and milk out bench via LP, 3 times a week....I will formulate that into my split routine and will provide feed back on how it's going...will start with 200lb and micro load 3x a week. Again thanks buddy

I haven't been following very closely lately, have you tried the "running it out" method on TM? Instead of 5's on intensity day, drop to triples, then doubles, then singles, all while increasing weight. All while keeping volume day the same, or increasing slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    I haven't been following very closely lately, have you tried the "running it out" method on TM? Instead of 5's on intensity day, drop to triples, then doubles, then singles, all while increasing weight. All while keeping volume day the same, or increasing slightly.
    Yes bro I have maybe incorporated it the wrong way.... But I went down to singles.... And failed week 2 if singles it was more, like 1rm due to the regression

My plan now: I have used backoff method right now to 80kg in next two workout will go up in 5lb 2.5kg then by 3rd workout will start micro loading with 1kg.... And continue in a linear fashion.., until it stops working

I aint backing down, I'm obsessed .... If I can go from a grinder 320lb squats until a clean double of 405lb in space of starting this thread surely I can get my bench to at least 250lb!!!

I'm declaring war on the bench!!!
    Last edited by Ice-man; 01-18-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Maybe play volleyball. Maybe practice aeronautical maneuvers. Maybe slap high 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    Yes bro I have maybe incorporated it the wrong way.... But I went down to singles.... And failed week 2 if singles it was more, like 1rm due to the regression
    Go back to your 1x5 weight and then cycle down to 3's, then singles. Once you have a data point, what your max 5's, 3's and 1's are, deload (I think Andy says 80-85%) and cycle 5's 3's and 1's every week. That will keep the weights/intensities changing each week, and may bust you through your plateau.

Your jumps may need to be 2.5 lbs instead of 5 lbs.

Guys So what should I do here...

Plan A: go back down to 80kg LP light comfortable 5x5 weight for me. Then move in 5lb for two workout and by 3rd micro load to 2.2lb... Benching twice a week in LP then switch back HLM/TM m

only issue with this is fatigue will set in faster.

Plan B: go to around 90kg for my 1x5 then cycle 3x2, 3x2, 2x2,2x2, 5x1,5x1,5x1,5x1...then . Cycle back to 5s @85% .... Should take me back to around 85kg? Which is the weight j used for my last 5x5?

Just seems to be going back in circles this one

Plan C:

Lose the tank size body to a body that resambles Brad Pitt in fight club and Play beach volleyball with King of Jews and manveer

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    That's my vote.

Actually, plan A is what I'd recommend with a caveat. You probably don't want your press to regress, right? If so, then run the bench LP 3x per week starting with 1kg increases. If/when the 1kg increases start to feel "hard" (like the last set of five is an all-out effort) move to 0.5kg jumps if possible. This is the LP "done right". Every set should be no greater than RPE 9 for the next two months. Ideally, in about 3 months you should be benching 120kg for 3x5. Now, as for the press, do two light sets of 8 after every bench session. You can quasi LP this as well, but it needs to take a back seat and let the bench drive. When the 3 months are over, I can nearly guarantee your OHP will be stronger. These backoffs are to keep the pressing skill in place and for a bit more hypertrophy, but not so much stress you cannot recover from it. It's merely an assistance movement for now. When you hit 120kg for 3x5, then you can shift goals and aim for a 100kg 1RM OHP (while bringing your bench up in a DUP fashion).
    This is. Kick Ass info bro! you deserve a big fat plate of sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style with egg fried rice, then a large chicken burrito, then wash it down with crepe and frozen yogurt ice cream with brownie and Oreo toppings! (I personally haven't tried this combo) 😳

Ok is doing 2x a week fine? since I'm running 4 days split its hard to incorporate 3x week bench

The criticle aspect lays on the starting weight too will start with 80kg I think
    Last edited by Ice-man; 01-18-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    2x / week should be fine, it just puts you about 5 months from hitting 120kg for 3 sets of 5 with 1kg increments.
    Do you know how happy it would make me just to bench 110kg for reps....... Honestly Thanks bro

Hey just wondering whatever happened to your benching in the last few months, if the LP worked out or your other programming?

Personally, i would be obliged if this were my topic...to sort of close out the "projects", for others to see. Especially for those primarily involved in the process, ie youself and several others)))

Think of it as a science research group publishing papers, bridging the knowledge gaps.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    Hey just wondering whatever happened to your benching in the last few months, if the LP worked out or your other programming?

Personally, i would be obliged if this were my topic...to sort of close out the "projects", for others to see. Especially for those primarily involved in the process, ie youself and several others)))

Think of it as a science research group publishing papers, bridging the knowledge gaps.
    Butterflies have lifted him onto greener pastures.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233