starting strength gym

Thread: HL..H? Short week issue

Default HL..H? Short week issue

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    With the short week and other obligations I was only able to get to the gym Tuesday Thursday Friday this week, then not again to the following Monday.

2.5 months into 2nd time around SS LP due to a herniated disk (while deadlifting). Still on LP for Squats; bench and press are petering out. I only DL and PC with my SSC, since I'm scared of the lifts and still getting comfortable with them again. Anyway, I thought to do something like this:

Tuesday: heavy squats, heavy press, RDL 3x8
    Thursday: light squats (20% back off) 2x5, heavy bench, chins
    Friday: heavy squats (up 5lbs from Tuesday), heavy press, RDL 3x8

(All sets 3x5 except light squats and RDL)

My thought is that I can keep normal-ish progress on bench and press, and take a day (Thursday) to really be picky about form (with video).

What do you think? I travel once a month so this will probably be a somewhat regular issue for me.

Many thanks!

How old are you?

37 year old male. Few other issues; I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (controlled), eat reasonably well (usually hit protein macros anyway), creatine and BCAA supplement. 6'1, 215 lbs, 19% bf. probably too much info but there you have it.

I think on those weeks you might have just as good, if not better results, by limiting your training to 2 days per week and just hitting your lifts really hard on those days. So Tues/Fri in this case.