starting strength gym

Thread: Baker Barbell Club (thread 2)

Default Baker Barbell Club (thread 2)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    (Sorry, the thread I was going to post in is closed)

Andy

I can't see where in Barbell Prescription it talks about mixing other activities in.
    Which of S&Mass 40+, Garage, or Barbell Club would you recommend for lifting every third day? I was leaning towards Xlub.

I've found Ride - Weights - Off works really well for my scheduling and goals; and have been progressing without fails since the summer on 'alternated rung' layout from your website.

[44yrs, squat and deads 130kg (down from 170kg a while ago following big bike crash and dropping 11kg weight to 78kg so the strength loss is set in). Lift in garage. Only lifting goal is BW press one day).

Thanks
    Fusty

Garage Gym Warrior will give you greater frequency on the main lifts. If you are training less frequently I'd do that program. It's an HLM program so it mixes well with other sports

Not to hijack the thread but, any chance the Baker Barbell Club would be useful for oly lifting stuff?

Apologies if it's obvious and I missed it, thanks for all you do Andy!

No, it isn't tailored to that. It's 80% heavy barbell training (1-5 rep stuff) on the basic squat-bench-dead-press and their variants, and probably 20% higher rep bodybuilding type stuff on a rotating menu of assistance exercises to build muscle mass, improve the physique, work on weak points, and build work capacity.