starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid weight rooms on cruise

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    No I guess not. It the beginning I was doing 5 sets of 5 and had to move to 3 sets of 5. But always 5 reps. Reading PPST I know I'll need to begin rotating 5's 3's and 1's before long. But no experience there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I may catch some flak for this opinion, but I actually wouldn't mess with high rep sets of unfamiliar movements. You aren't going to be there long enough to train them to any degree and you'll just get sore as hell. Getting sweaty doing something cardio-ey is fine if it makes you feel better about being out of the gym.
    Good point. You'll ruin your vacation with new high rep stuff. Just this month I did two sets of leg raises for the first time in years and I was crippled for a week. Last week, two sets of LTEs killed my arms for days. You have to slowly transition to the high rep stuff, else you'll have horrible DOMS. If you aren't going to continue with this stuff, it's pretty much pointless. Just take a week off. Do some conditioning or something if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    You can just take the week off and enjoy a vacation with your family.
    This.

IPB

Damn, no barbells? Doing barbell work on a boat on the ocean seems like a great idea. Olympic lifts would be even better. Actually, olympic lifts on a bosu ball on a boat on the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Perhaps the disconnect here is that I am weak, and I know I am weak, so when I start a new movement I don't go directly into 5x15-rep sets @ RPE 10 to satisfy my ego. Or perhaps my history of crossfit and constant program swapping has allowed me to go into something like Wendlers 100-rep challenge, do 100 leg curls, and not end up in a wheelchair.
    I'm weak too. But the last first time I did RDL's, I nearly crippled myself. The machines probably won't be as bad as that one unless OP is particulary stupid about using them. But other than feeling like something was "done," (representing an "exercise" mindset, as opposed to a "training" one), what's the point of wasting the time that OP paid so much for, and which could be better spent drinking low quality margaritas and ogling the scantily clad co-passengers behind cover of his sunglasses in a chaise lounge? Isn't that what cruises are all about?

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Regardless, I don't know how many scantily clad co-passengers are going to be on a Disney cruise. Carnival is the cheapest, so that gets all the college kids.
    Yeah this is a Disney cruise # 2 for me.....I have no expectations for scantily clad co-passengers. Besides I gotta play with my kids.

starting strength coach development program
    Have your whole family stand on your back while you do push-ups.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123