starting strength gym

Thread: silly question

Default silly question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    M 28 yo 6' 225 lbs

For "someone" with my stats, average genetics and finishing their LP with a squat around 345, how long do you think would it take for them to be squatting 495x5, assuming this "someone" doesn't get hurt? :-)

Thanks for your time

Unanswerable question. There is more to it than injury. But you are essentially wanting to add 150 lbs to your best set of 5. Lets say you average 10 lbs per month of progress as an intermediate....15 months. So a little over a year if you are conservative but steady. But lots of factors at play that could speed this up or slow it down

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Unanswerable question. There is more to it than injury. But you are essentially wanting to add 150 lbs to your best set of 5. Lets say you average 10 lbs per month of progress as an intermediate....15 months. So a little over a year if you are conservative but steady. But lots of factors at play that could speed this up or slow it down
    Sweet! Well, at least ~15 months gives me a timeline to look forward to. Thanks so much for for your answer

Keep in mind that the 150 lbs between 345 and 495 is different than the 150 lbs between 195 and 345. It will be much harder and all the little details will matter more

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Keep in mind that the 150 lbs between 345 and 495 is different than the 150 lbs between 195 and 345. It will be much harder and all the little details will matter more
    Thanks for the advice. I keep hearing that the more I ask about it. I suppose I'll learn soon exactly what you mean.

I was just wondering... what are those little details? Like macros and sleep, etc?

starting strength coach development program
    Nutrition, sleep, lifestyle changes due to the fact that training will take priority over many other aspects of your life, etc