starting strength gym

Thread: bench frequency

Default bench frequency

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Following up to other posts, I suffer from a lagging bench. Squats and deadlifts are over 3 and 4 plates beltless for reps but my bench is stuck at 155x5 (Press at 120x5, also stuck). It's been repeatedly recommended to me that it might be necessary to increase bench frequency and include some accessory lifts. I think I'm weak enough to still follow the AB SS format for the presses, so would adding lying triceps extensions to bench day and close grip bench to press day be a good way to implement this?

Do you train 3 or 4 days per week?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Do you train 3 or 4 days per week?
    3 days per week, right now my squat and deadlifts are on TM programming and I've left the presses on LP thinking that I couldn't have possibly run out LP with the presses being so weak., simply benching twice a week on monday and friday and leaving presses on wednesday is also an option I've heard. Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah...do that. Bench Mon/Fri and get that lift moving again. Your Press should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Yeah...do that. Bench Mon/Fri and get that lift moving again. Your Press should follow.
    Okay, will do. Thank you!