starting strength gym

Thread: Enhanced vs. Natural Programming

Default Enhanced vs. Natural Programming

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Those of you with experience programming for both groups....what in your experience is the difference? Less frequency required on bench press for example?

I myself am lifetime drug free so I really don't have any experience, firsthand, with the exact effects of anabolics on training/recovery. I have trained a handful of lifters who were using anabolics and I basically just programmed the same with the obvious observation that greater workloads could be recovered from faster and therefore more intense training could be conducted more frequently. Not exactly a revelation.

Thanks for taking the time Andy. I realized after I submitted this thread that I meant to post this to the general programming subforum!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    I myself am lifetime drug free so I really don't have any experience, firsthand, with the exact effects of anabolics on training/recovery. I have trained a handful of lifters who were using anabolics and I basically just programmed the same with the obvious observation that greater workloads could be recovered from faster and therefore more intense training could be conducted more frequently. Not exactly a revelation.
    So,fundamentally nothing changes except that a drug enhanced trainee can stay on LP for longer before moving on to an intermediate program and so forth as he progresses?

Probably, but I don't have any first hand experience with a novice using steroids. My novices here at the gym are generally either high school or college athletes who are clean or 55 year old executives who just want to be healthy, fit, and strong. Anyone I've ever worked with that was using anabolics was a competitive lifter in the late intermediate/advanced stages of programming.