starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else here uses Greyskull LP?

Default Who else here uses Greyskull LP?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Who else here uses GSLP? How long you guys been doing it? What were your results? Howd did you find it compared to other programs?

I ask as I'm a lot more interested in GSLP, yet unsurprisingly I've been told to just do SS.

What is Greyskull LP? Do you have a link to a site that describes it?

And you are on the Starting Strength website. It is not surprising that that is the program recommended to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    What is Greyskull LP? Do you have a link to a site that describes it?

And you are on the Starting Strength website. It is not surprising that that is the program recommended to you.
    Geez just looked at your log, you're a strong chap! You'd probably dig GSLP actually.

Similar to SS but lower squat frequency and all about setting records as often as possible as you always AMRAP the last set.

Quote Originally Posted by samstrength View Post
    Geez just looked at your log, you're a strong chap! You'd probably dig GSLP actually.

Similar to SS but lower squat frequency and all about setting records as often as possible as you always AMRAP the last set.
    He's way beyond what GSLP can get him. Use search function and be amazed, sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    I like how this bit was completely overlooked.

I get that it was popular a while ago, not so much now, and that there was a big thread on it previously.

Just interested on anyone's results if they've been using it for decent amount of time.

Was thinking that I may turn to it again after using Starting Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by samstrength View Post
    Was thinking that I may turn to it again after using Starting Strength.
    It is essentially a different layout of the SSLP with a few changes that make it a bit less productive, so you wouldn't really need that kind of programming after doing a SSLP. You might be able to use it fro a very brief time because it is laid out more like a Geezer LP or an advanced novice LP, but there is probably better more appropriate intermediate programming you could use IF you run a good SSLP.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    It is essentially a different layout of the SSLP with a few changes that make it a bit less productive, so you wouldn't really need that kind of programming after doing a SSLP. You might be able to use it fro a very brief time because it is laid out more like a Geezer LP or an advanced novice LP, but there is probably better more appropriate intermediate programming you could use IF you run a good SSLP.
    Ok thanks George

I transitioned to it during my advanced novice phase. I think you can make quicker progress on the starting strength program. I think that once you hit the point where you have reset a lift once or twice (and have solid form with that lift), adding in the AMRAP last set after a reset can provide some value. Here's my log from when I ran it: CMG's Log

Overall I think you generally won't find regular AMRAP programming on the big lifts in the intermediate stage or beyond. But I think if you do AMRAP-1 after a reset when LPing, it can provide some useful (and necessary) volume that can drive past the previous sticking point.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    I transitioned to it during my advanced novice phase. I think you can make quicker progress on the starting strength program. I think that once you hit the point where you have reset a lift once or twice (and have solid form with that lift), adding in the AMRAP last set after a reset can provide some value. Here's my log from when I ran it: CMG's Log

Overall I think you generally won't find regular AMRAP programming on the big lifts in the intermediate stage or beyond. But I think if you do AMRAP-1 after a reset when LPing, it can provide some useful (and necessary) volume that can drive past the previous sticking point.
    Very informative thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast