starting strength gym

Thread: running out different lifts at different times

Default running out different lifts at different times

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I tried searching this and didn't find anything but I might just be bad at searching. Any reason why you can't run out the deadlift and squat at different times on TM? My 5 RM deadlift is still humming along but I think it's time to move the squat to triples. In case it's relevant: Squat intensity day is 335x5 and deadlifts are 380x5. I do my deadlifts on the start of light day as suggested in one of Jordan's 12 ways to skin TM.

It's rare that all lifts progress at exactly the same rate. Program each lift individually

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    It's rare that all lifts progress at exactly the same rate. Program each lift individually
    and all lifts seem to respond differently to volume, frequency and intensity. My squats are programmed differently than my pulls which are both programmed differently than my presses. It's a new and fascinating world...

Indeed. That's the hardest part about writing a book like PPST3 or any other article/book with a programming template. There is no way to pre-emptively write in all the little nuances and differences that might occur with each individual lift. You have to give the model some level of uniformity across the board or it will read like Sanscrit. But most programs turn into Sanscrit and not Shakespearean Poetry.

I noticed about an hour after making this post that the book has the deadlift and squat running out at a different rate anyway. Oops. Searched the forum. Not the book.