starting strength gym

Thread: How to Cycle Training Volume

You posted this as I was asking my question in a different thread lol. Thank you for this. I love the idea of drawing out the process allowing for more variation and time to recover.

Great article, thanks.

Excellent article. Thank you Andy!

I'm an early intermediate and I hoped I'd be able to increase the weight on both volume and intensity every week for many months. Of course, that didn't happen. This sounds very cool. Cycling reps on volume days just like heavy days. Just makes sense.

Great article. Do you adjust the target reps at the given percentages for deadlifts? Like how many total reps for deadlifts on volume day at 75,80,85%?

Andy, do you program the volume cycles to match the intensity cycles? Or are they independent?

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    Great article. Do you adjust the target reps at the given percentages for deadlifts? Like how many total reps for deadlifts on volume day at 75,80,85%?
    Not currently. We are pulling some big volume in the online club at the moment. Doing 5x6@75%, 6x4@80%, and 5x3@85%. But we aren't doing this at the end of a full body workout. This is the first lift of the day and our secondary lift is usually a lighter squatting variant. Then its just some light/easy GPP stuff and we're out the door.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    Andy, do you program the volume cycles to match the intensity cycles? Or are they independent?
    No, I program them together. How I do it though depends on the structure of the program