starting strength gym

Thread: Starting a new chapter of training soon

Default Starting a new chapter of training soon

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Firstly, thanks for all your articles and the work you did in PPST3. With that knowledge I've managed to lose 35 pounds down to around 12% BF (6'2'' and 220lbs) and I've barely lost strength.

Last week, when comparing performance to before I started losing weight, squats were down 2.5% to 430 5x1, press was down 3% to 202.5lbs 1x5, deadlift was the same at 440 5x1, bench was down 5% to 308lbs 2x3 and chins were down 2% for 326lbs (body + weights) 3x2.

I'm just going to push it another two weeks and then I'm going on vacation. When I get back from vacation, it's time for gains.

I reckon if at the age of 30 I can handle 4-day Texas Method while losing weight, then I can handle a more intense program. Garage Gym Warrior seems like a waste because it's 3 days a week meant for over 40s. Also, at least for the moment, I have access to a gym. Strength and Mass After 40 seems like a waste too for similar reasons.

This leaves me with KSC powerbuilding. I'm really keen on it. I feel it contains programming knowledge outside of PPST3 with the 8/5/2 and how to efficiently add supplementary work outside of core training (something not expanded on too much in PPST3). The only problem is that it's a 5 day program -- at least according to your website -- which just doesn't fit my schedule.

With the above in mind, my question is this: Is it worth getting the KSC P program if I only intend to work out 4 days a week?

A few points of clarification.....and an update.....

1. Garage Gym Warrior is not "an over 40" program. It can work for any intermediate but HLM seems to work a little better for those over 40 than TM.

2. Strength & Mass After 40 could work for anyone as well. It's not necessarily an "easy" program

3. KSC Method for PB could easily be adapted to a 4-day program. If you can't figure out how to do it, then you probably don't need to do that program. It's pretty detailed but it isn't "paint by numbers". You have to be able to think.

4. I have a new program gonna launch in about a week. Maybe less. 4-Day Texas Method for power lifting or strength lifting. Designed for strength & mass and is fairly aggressive.