starting strength gym

Thread: HML by feel due to travel

Default HML by feel due to travel

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy, thanks for all you do and taking the time to respond to everyone. Long time reader, first post.

I travel weekly for my occupation, and pack my belt, knee sleeves, training log, and micro plates as needed while working out in a random gym while out of town. Due to my inconsistent schedule, I sometimes need to do my heavy day after 1 days rest vs 2 in order to line up my weekly schedule, which means I'll sometimes take a 2 day break before light or medium sessions. Sometimes I'll get to my light workout and feel great and opt to go heavy on squats and do a light squat session on either heavy or medium day. I typically always do Dl and bench on Heavy day, but do squats at the end of the workout due to recovery if needed. Squat, Press, Chins on light day, and Squat, Incline and Sldl on Medium days.... if I know I have to go heavy after 1 days rest, I may only do 2 sets of incline and Sldl.

This seems to be working for me so far and wanted to seek your input on this. While not optimal, I imagine I can manage it effectively by listening to my body. Have you ever coached someone in a similar situation and do you have any guidance for those that have inconsistent schedules like me?

For what it's worth: 35, 6'1, 230lbs, ran my LP and have read all your books and posts... I can't get enough! Thanks again.

If it's working for you up to this point then I'd say you are managing things ok so just keep doing what you are doing. Only issue I can see might be trying to Deadlift heavy only 48 hours after doing heavy stiff legs. If that gets to be a problem then you can do something a little less stressful on the low back like power cleans or even BB rows