starting strength gym

Thread: 5.3.1 forever

Default 5.3.1 forever

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    OK so I got my copy in today and read the whole things needless to say it is going to be a nice addition to my burning pit this weekend.....jk....its always good to read other ideas and I know that Jim put it a lot of work to get the book out. I do actually like how he is now periodizing the training plans now. I will probably never actually use the programming myself. Did anybody else get their copy?

anything of note in there that is new?

the last book of 5/3/1 I saw just had a bunch of new templates added

The major change is he now does "leader" templates for a couple of cycles and then an "anchor" template with higher intensity.

That is the jist of the programming now and there is a shitload of 5/3/1 variations in the book.

God people are going to be program hopping all
    Over the place with the amount of variants in there.

Any new programming ideas for 2 days a week? I know he normally has this stuff in for busy trainees.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    The major change is he now does "leader" templates for a couple of cycles and then an "anchor" template with higher intensity.

That is the jist of the programming now and there is a shitload of 5/3/1 variations in the book.

God people are going to be program hopping all
    Over the place with the amount of variants in there.
    Sounds like his other stuff... "Boring But Big", "First Set Last" , "Joker Sets", "Triumvirate", "Widow Makers", etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Carey View Post
    anything of note in there that is new?

the last book of 5/3/1 I saw just had a bunch of new templates added

The leaders and anchors is basic periodization, but it is a very good implement to someone who runs 5/3/1 for a longer time. The 7th week protocol is really good.

Also the conditioning and recovery does play a bigger role. Which is only a good thing IMO. This makes the 5/3/1 even less of a powerlifting program, at least in the traditional sense.

I also like how the assistance is laid out, I've actually used it for a while and must say it is a healthy choice for everyone who only thinks muscle groups when training.

There is a LOAD of new programming/variations. Which is both - a good and a bad thing. Very good thing is that the programs are pretty detailed, so there is lot less guessing work required. Interesting note is that a big part of the programs are full body, and some of them look pretty fucking brutal. ¨

About the the 2x/week thing: there is "Limited time" -chapter, where is some variations to do. That'll be most likely my direction.
    Last edited by Cmmm; 04-28-2017 at 05:15 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Sounds good, I'll take a look at them when the Kindle version is released. Thanks