Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadlifting Programming

Default Deadlifting Programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Starting a new youtube channel, here is a video on deadlift programming

Deadlift Programming and Special Exercises - YouTube

I just scrolled so I don't rly know but you say things like: In the off-season we do sets of 8/10/12 on the deadlift with lighter weights to get the back stronger (9.28 - 9-40). There are a lot of things that I heard that tells me I probably shouldn't listen to you when SS has a lot of information out there already. You created this account on SS just to post links to your YouTube channel: I really think that is a shitty way to get views. It's like Jews says: It's spam.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Who are you?

Why should I watch this spam?
    1. Andrew's Wang.

2. Cos.

I lasted 50 seconds. You talk like a valley girl, as if every statement was a question? Also, what are your lifting credentials? Are we talking 700+? 600+? 500+?
    Last edited by Chebass88; 05-14-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Apparently the channel is by David Woolson, he is a 773lb deadlifter and holds the American deadlift record in the 93kg raw division of the USAPL. No idea who the hell Andrew Wong is though...

Quote Originally Posted by SSDino View Post
    I just scrolled so I don't rly know but you say things like: In the off-season we do sets of 8/10/12 on the deadlift with lighter weights to get the back stronger (9.28 - 9-40). There are a lot of things that I heard that tells me I probably shouldn't listen to you when SS has a lot of information out there already. You created this account on SS just to post links to your YouTube channel: I really think that is a shitty way to get views. It's like Jews says: It's spam.
    LOL. So because someone is telling you to do sets of 8-10 with lighter weights, you immediately write them off as spam? Because it doesn't adhere to the SS fahves dogma?

KotJ, I googled the guy in the video and found this: David woolson takes the 93kg deadlift record from Jesse Norris with a 772 lb pull : powerlifting

Really surprised everyone wrote this guy off right away without searching. It's like Wendler saying, "Who the hell is Jordan Feigenbaum?" Takes two seconds to find out.
    Last edited by marcf; 05-14-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    I lasted 50 seconds. You talk like a valley girl, as if every statement was a question? Also, what are your lifting credentials? Are we talking 700+? 600+? 500+?
    He pulls 772 and holds the USAPL deadlift record in his weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    LOL. So because someone is telling you to do sets of 8-10 with lighter weights, you immediately write them off as spam? Because it doesn't adhere to the SS fahves dogma?

KotJ, I googled the guy in the video and found this: David woolson takes the 93kg deadlift record from Jesse Norris with a 772 lb pull : powerlifting

Really surprised everyone wrote this guy off right away without searching. It's like Wendler saying, "Who the hell is Jordan Feigenbaum?" Takes two seconds to find out.
    He's getting this reaction because he registered a new account for the sole purpose of promoting his YouTube channel. Unsolicited promotion of your product is spam.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    He's getting this reaction because he registered a new account for the sole purpose of promoting his YouTube channel. Unsolicited promotion of your product is spam.
    Whoever OP is definitely isn't the guy in the videos. Learned that immediately upon clicking the actual video.

Edit: Since no one knows who OP is, a quick Google search shows he lifts at the gym that David Woolson owns, so maybe he's trying to support Woolson by spamming the videos, or maybe he's also the gym's videographer.
    Last edited by marcf; 05-14-2017 at 09:54 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    He pulls 772 and holds the USAPL deadlift record in his weight class.
    That's nice. Good for him.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast