Quote Originally Posted by ad3000 View Post
You have a garage gym? Why do you commute to and pay for a gym, when you can just lift in your garage?
I dont know how to upload a picture here. Its not a "gym". It s a barbell, 200kg of eleiko training plates, and a pair of squat stands that are at the end of my parking space in a 30 car garage. I move my car and can do squats and deadlifts between the neighbors cars. I cant bench, and I cant safely squat heavy weight because I dont have a rack - if some ungodly thing were to happen I'd be deep down in a basement garage with no way to get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
One key programming consideration you're missing here is this- the third movement is indeed the least stress inducing and doing it in the same session as the third lift also mitigates, by design, the weight you can load on the bar for the given RPE. Do it the next morning and you're altering this. This may or may not affect your fatigue and recovery too much. Lots of us train with sub-optimal set ups, but I'm with Cody. I'd find a way to train with you schedule with a some decent consistency.

Because the idea that lifting has to get dropped into your schedule indicates that two a days might decrease compliance as well. Not saying it will, but this set up tends to leave more room for "I'm super busy so I'll just skip that 3rd lift extra session", you know?
Leah, you just switched the light on in my brain. I do indeed do more weight the following day than I would have the same day. So I get why I shouldnt do it. And the problem now is that I run into time constraints during the main workout and have to drop the third movement sometimes bc I run out of time. I'll just have to plan better or improve my home gym setup.