starting strength gym

Thread: Moving to power building

Default Moving to power building

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Andy,

I’ve just moved off the Novice LP, mainly due to the time it was starting to take. I can train every day if need be, just not for longer than an hour. The Power building template fits my goals well and my avalaible time but I’m conscious of moving to an intermediate program too early. I’m not aware of a way to effectively spread the SS LP over 4-5 days. I did consider a 4 day Texas method split but decided on your Power building program. Would you suggest I take another coursed of action? I’m not after fast gains just steady injury free increases in strength and mass for years to come. I've been on the PB template for 2 weeks, about to start the doubles next week. I'm really enjoying it and everything still seems to be going up.

Thanks for you time.

Weight: 82kg

Squat:110kg 3×5 probably room to increase here, but workouts were taking too long with 5-8 mins rests etc
    Bench 80kg 3 x 5
    Press 54 Kg 3×5
    Deadlift 147.5kg 1×5

The Power-Building Program will work well. Just keep exercise selection simple and basic and don't get carried away with variations etc and keep your focus on the big 4. After a few months you can start playing around with a wider selection of exercises if you want.

Great thanks