starting strength gym
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying PL program for general strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Also, the length of the wrench will help you apply a lot of torque to whatever you're working on even if you can't apply much force.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriel218 View Post
    So Cody could get to 250kg Squat, almost 100kg BW with visible abs, and he did it with two digit testosterone number.

Great. Then I have numerous more severe issues than T levels, having a beer gut below 75kg, and 120kg squat.

What's the secret? Should I shoot infra-red light on my balls?
    The secrets are genetics (aside from the low T) and working his ass of on his program and diet. Watch his videos sometime. He busts his ass in the gym, and I am sure he put a lot of thought into how he was going to gain weight over time. So many people just half ass it and expect great results. That may work for a few really elite lifters (at least till some point in the training spectrum), but most people have to work hard for their gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    The secrets are genetics (aside from the low T) and working his ass of on his program and diet. Watch his videos sometime. He busts his ass in the gym, and I am sure he put a lot of thought into how he was going to gain weight over time. So many people just half ass it and expect great results. That may work for a few really elite lifters (at least till some point in the training spectrum), but most people have to work hard for their gains.
    Please stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    I don't want to click in for fear of buying, but Alligator vs Cobra?
    The pliers wrench is a good place to start. Smooth, parallel jaws.

*Ok, back on topic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Learn to read, OP. I clearly pointed out I had low test. All lab work and doctors visits are documented in my log. I've consulted SSCs about it, too.

Unless you meant my milk dosage. Gallon of 1% chocolate milk a day to bulk.
    So you gained almost 25kg of muscle on low test in 1 year? Or were you diagnosed after that?

I really want some pliers.
    Help me out here. What can I do with these fancy pliers that I can't do with vice-grips and an adjustable wrench? Does Harbor Freight carry an inexpensive off-brand of these things?

Edit - trying to stay on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Help me out here. What can I do with these fancy pliers that I can't do with vice-grips and an adjustable wrench? Does Harbor Freight carry an inexpensive off-brand of these things?

Edit - trying to stay on topic
    The smooth, parallel jaws allow you to grip without applying uneven force to a bolt head, for instance. Less chance of rounding off a bolt. One of these will replace a bunch of adjustable wrenches. Plus, they are built nicely, and nice tools are more fun to use.

I doubt Harbor Freight has an imitation. The cam lever thingy is patented.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    *Ok, back on topic now.
    I know you like airplanes and stuff. Do you ever work on them? I hear the Knipex Pliers Wrench is really handy for that type of work.

I don't want to click in for fear of buying, but Alligator vs Cobra?
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    The pliers wrench is a good place to start. Smooth, parallel jaws.
    The alligator and cobra pliers are both traditional waterpump pliers. The difference between the two is the mechanism to set jaw width. The alligators are kinda like fancy Channel Locks. The Cobras have a spring-mechanism that you depress and slide to set width. I have the cobras. Much like.

Pliers wrench is its own weird tool. It's like an amazing adjustable wrench, but with two handles for a more sure grip on bolts and nuts.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I know you like airplanes and stuff. Do you ever work on them? I hear the Knipex Pliers Wrench is really handy for that type of work.
    I haven't worked on one recently, but I used to do it a lot with grandfather years ago. He was an A&P and IA (well, I guess he still is... but 89 now). I could use a tool like this for a lot of little odd jobs. For a pilot, it would be nice if you had to take off a cowling or something. It would be small enough to fit in your flight bag.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast