starting strength gym
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Modifying PL program for general strength

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    That's a blatant strawman argument.
    There's been a lot of that around here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Natural SHW lifters are fat and unhealthy?
    Hey, that's hurtful, man. Wait, actually, I need to find a scale. Am I HW or SHW right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I haven't worked on one recently, but I used to do it a lot with grandfather years ago. He was an A&P and IA (well, I guess he still is... but 89 now). I could use a tool like this for a lot of little odd jobs. For a pilot, it would be nice if you had to take off a cowling or something. It would be small enough to fit in your flight bag.
    One of us, one of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Hey, that's hurtful, man. Wait, actually, I need to find a scale. Am I HW or SHW right now?
    Sorry, I thought about making a comment that some 7'8" lifters might not fall into that category, but decided not to.

Nevertheless, the Knipex Pliers Wrench has a good weight to it, but I wouldn't put it in the SHW category.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    There's been a lot of that around here lately.
    Well, I think part of the problem is that most claims & arguments around here aren't Logicmen (I sure as fuck will never put forth the effort required to make a legitimately sound argument).

So, I'm not sure what the straw simulacrum of a non-thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    I don't have a lot of input on skinny dudes gaining weight. I'm coming at things from the other direction, having started out fat and now losing weight. I gave you the good advice I do have that is applicable to your situation, which is to use an average weight to track your progress rather than weighing one time a week and being subject to random fluctuations. As for Blaha, I think that if a person has shown themselves to be a pathological liar and straight up delusional, it's a good idea to ignore whatever they say on a given subject and seek out more credible sources of information.

Regarding permanent fat cell increases, it's my (admittedly limited) understanding that while you never lose fat cells that you gain, they do shrink in size. Maybe it's something to consider if you want the paper-thin skin, shredded to the bone, stage-ready 4% BF look, but if you are just concerned about not being able to diet down enough to see your abs in the future then I think it's a non-issue. There are even bodybuilders who apparently get over 20% in the off season and still diet down to stage-lean conditions. Of course they have drugs to help but I don't think the drugs get rid of the "permanent fat cell" issue. Maybe I'm wrong.

Nobody here said anything about gaining 50kg of pure muscle naturally with no fat. That's a blatant strawman argument.
    Where is he shown as a pathological liar and delusional?

His take on any topic is excellent, while I witness that its impossible to maintain a simple conversation on this forum.

If checking out the video is an issue, then I'll make it short: there are two points mentioned about gaining more fat, first that messing up the hormonal profile and test/estrogen ratios to a noticeable degree is a myth; and second that the fatter you get the more you have to eat to gain muscle mass at ideal rate, so you get even fatter even quicker. This can get easily over 25% BF. I would think this is a less of a problem for people who have more even fat partitioning, however in my case it ALL goes to stomach and waist. Beyond certain threshold, and past noob gains, it is easier to just keep gaining a lot more fat than muscle(and sometimes even strength, that's why BW ratios are mentioned).

The fact that someone is OK with that and some aren't is a different topic, but this was nothing more than a reply to why one can't gain 40kg, then another 11, then another, etc... Who says you can't? But I disagree that it wont be enormous amount of fat.

EDIT: need I mention Zach? Please someone start with "it was mostly muscle" drivel. Fuck, he doesn't even have traps.
    Last edited by Moriel218; 05-25-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriel218 View Post
    Where is he shown as a pathological liar and delusional?

His take on any topic is excellent, while I witness that its impossible to maintain a simple conversation on this forum.

If checking out the video is an issue, then I'll make it short: there are two points mentioned about gaining more fat, first that messing up the hormonal profile and test/estrogen ratios to a noticeable degree is a myth; and second that the fatter you get the more you have to eat to gain muscle mass at ideal rate, so you get even fatter even quicker. This can get easily over 25% BF. I would think this is a less of a problem for people who have more even fat partitioning, however in my case it ALL goes to stomach and waist. Beyond certain threshold, and past noob gains, it is easier to just keep gaining a lot more fat than muscle(and sometimes even strength, that's why BW ratios are mentioned).

The fact that someone is OK with that and some aren't is a different topic, but this was nothing more than a reply to why one can't gain 40kg, then another 11, then another, etc... Who says you can't? But I disagree that it wont be enormous amount of fat.

EDIT: need I mention Zach? Please someone start with "it was mostly muscle" drivel. Fuck, he doesn't even have traps.
    Watch this if you're really interested about Blaha:

Or if you won't believe Layne Norton because he's an asshole sometimes, watch this one:

He's a complete fraud. Wise up.

Regarding your particular trials and tribulations, I don't know man, I guess you just have horrible genetics and you'll spend the rest of your life as a fat weakling. Sux 2 B U.

Inner CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Me too, but I'm not going to try my best. Knipex.
    <knipex>You're supposed to wrap your post in on-topic stuff, not just throw it in at the end, newb. Also, this thread needs more brisket, or tri-tip. They don't have tri-tip at the grocery stores here, it like fucking Fallujah. Serious. Fallujah. </knipex>
    Last edited by Eric K; 05-26-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Wtf is birsket?

I bet you could use the Knipex Pliers Wrench to assist in making brisket. It can do anything.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I bet you could use the Knipex Pliers Wrench to assist in making brisket. It can do anything.
    Does it qualify as a PET (performance enhancing tool)? I'm convinced that's the only way allen can make better brisket than me.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast