starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was my DL reset not big enough?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kregna View Post
    I'm guessing you're referencing his body weight to imply that 250g of protein is plenty for his size. I'm questioning whether he's actually getting 250. I don't think he would stall at that deadlift weight if he was
    In his case, he's stalling because of a form error. He isn't getting enough of his legs/quads into the initial pull off the ground. His legs are too straight/shins too vertical and he's almost pulling it all with his back.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    In his case, he's stalling because of a form error. He isn't getting enough of his legs/quads into the initial pull off the ground. His legs are too straight/shins too vertical and he's almost pulling it all with his back.
    If he's been using this form for a while, why would it suddenly stall now?

I don't think the bar is too close to his shins, as his hips don't lower when he lifts the bar. I wonder if his grip is too wide. it's hard to tell but the forearms look like they might be angled out, away from the legs

I don't think the bar is too close to his shins, as his hips don't lower when he lifts the bar.
    What?

Agreed. OP is either setting up too close to the bar or is shifting his weight onto your toes when bends over grab the bar. Shoulder blades are well forward of where they should be (over the bar!). If he fixes this, I bet his deadlift progression will resume rather quickly!!

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    You smart. You loyal.

Uh, because lifting with bad form will eventually cause you to hit an early wall?

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    You smart. You loyal.

Uh, because lifting with bad form will eventually cause you to hit an early wall?
    Yep, form faults catch up to you when the weight gets heavy enough.

That's just how it works. You can muscle your way through lower weight and then you can't.

Because that's what happens when shitty form can no longer sustain the weight.

I managed to get all the way to about 350 with TERRIBLE form... when I got to 360/370, pretty much a total stop.

For what its worth I agree with everyone who says his shins are too close...

starting strength coach development program
    Uh, but not eating enough protein doesn't cause stalling?

Pulling it all with his back? So you think the back extends the hips...

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    What?
    If your shins are too close to the bar, I'd expect to see the hips drop as the shins move forward to push the bar over the mid foot

Maybe I'm wrong about this guy, but you can't use back angle to determine whether the starting position of the bar is correct. Some people have longer legs. I've seen a girl with such long femurs have a start position where her hips are higher than her shoulders. In AWAS, Lon Kilgore shows a woman with similar proportions

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast