starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "TEXAS METHOD, not recommended for Inter"

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    1) Purely semantical point and a distraction from my point
    2) Is SS an intermediate program? Does an intermediate need to periodize in blocks?
    3) Nothing to do with my point

1. Semantics is everything. There is a huge difference between a template and a program. If you don't know the difference, or you think the difference is semantics, I'm not distracting from your point because you aren't making one. You can't make a point because you think a template and a program are one and the same. A template is a guide for you to arrange your training, a program involves a defined number of sets, reps and intensities. A program can also be an individualized training structure written by a coach, and would therefore not be a template.

2. If you think because you can identify a novice program, and therefore you should be able to identify intermediate programs, then you don't know how programming works, how others define intermediates, and the difference between intermediate and advanced programming--and the distinction made between those two. Is a concurrent program intermediate or advanced? Is block programming intermediate or advanced? Is block periodization with elements of DUP intermediate or advanced? If the strength phase of a block periodization schedule is set up with a DUP or some kind of concurrent scheme, is that intermediate or advanced?

3. You have no point because you didn't make one, and you can't because you don't seem to understand a) the difference between a program and a template, b) that an intermediate program covers a broad range of periodization styles, and c) the transition from novice to intermediate and intermediate to advanced programming can have overlap enough to the point where you can't really say it's one or the other.
    Last edited by marcf; 07-15-2017 at 10:16 PM.

1) ok
    2) ok
    3) ok

1) ok
    2) ok
    3) ok
    Are you this derpy in real life?
    Last edited by marcf; 07-16-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Look, either you're making a point, I'm making a point, or we both are. Either way, you're not understanding me at all, and I'm clearly not understanding you and how what you're saying relates to what I'm saying. So, I'd rather not make this forum go to 100+ in a valiant attempt to reconcile our differences on this, in my opinion, rather trivial topic. If I'm wrong, then I'll continue to learn and look back and see how I'm wrong. If you're wrong, then I hope the same happens to you.

P.S. I've never gotten called derpy in real life so I can't say one way or the other. But then again, I hang out with people who don't tend to use the word "derpy." I'm not sure if there's any insight there or not.

Look, either you're making a point, I'm making a point, or we both are. Either way, you're not understanding me at all, and I'm clearly not understanding you and how what you're saying relates to what I'm saying. So, I'd rather not make this forum go to 100+ in a valiant attempt to reconcile our differences on this, in my opinion, rather trivial topic. If I'm wrong, then I'll continue to learn and look back and see how I'm wrong. If you're wrong, then I hope the same happens to you.

P.S. I've never gotten called derpy in real life so I can't say one way or the other. But then again, I hang out with people who don't tend to use the word "derpy." I'm not sure if there's any insight there or not.
    I understand you. I understand that you don't yet understand what a program is and isn't, you don't understand some basic principles of programming, and it's obvious from your other thread that you don't even realize that you can have different programming for individual lifts. And you don't know that you don't know, and yet you're arguing that you're being misunderstood. You just have no idea what you're talking about.

Like I said, ok.

I wish I could go back in time and do the TM again. I only gained injuries from "more volume" templates. I also stopped looking intimidating as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky85 View Post
    I wish I could go back in time and do the TM again. I only gained injuries from "more volume" templates. I also stopped looking intimidating as a result.
    Which templates caused you to get injured?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Which templates caused you to get injured?
    It was a Sheiko one, I think #31.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345