starting strength gym

Thread: Women and the KSC method for power-building

Default Women and the KSC method for power-building

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

I have bought the KSC method for power building but I haven't started it yet. I have done the SS LP, followed by TM phase I and phase II, then 4 day split, then HLM and then TM pahse I and now on the 10th week of a Texas Phase II again, which is going really well. I am excited to try the KSC method, and as soon as TM II has run its course I will be starting KSC (mainly because men in the gym who are lifting less than me look like they can lift more than me and I'm that vain). I train with my girlfriend and so that we can train on the same days, her programming has followed the same schedule as mine. I think I was on TM while she did her LP so the 3 day schedule lined up. Then she has done the same routines as me (TM/HLM etc). We used table 9.1 to adjust against table 7.1 in practical programming so that we had the same training effects (so that when I was doing 5x5, she was doing 6x3 and during a spell that I did 3x8, she did 6s). Do I need to do some similar adjustments if she is to do the KSC method with me? And what do you recommend these adjustments be?

Thanks

She'll do fine if she follows the program as written. I actually have quite a few female clients that follow that programming and it works fine.