starting strength gym

Thread: Changes for powerlifting comp?

Default Changes for powerlifting comp?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have a powerlifting meet in December. Is there anything I should change until then(skip powercleans, limit press to bench press ratio)? Or should I stick with the novice linear progression? Thanks.

LP is fine but this assumes you will have another 4-5 months worth of progress. How long have you currently been using the SS LP?

I would try to stick with LP as long as possible for the reason that trying to peak for a power meet without platform experience is not a good idea IMO. If you burn out on LP, you could always go to a HLM or a 4 day split, but keep the progression slow and steady. Just use the last week to deload the squat and bench, and take your lst heavy deadlift session two fridays out (15 days). Plan for conservative openers - top set of five in each lift. Have someone with you who knows how to navigate the meet. Begin practicing meet technique (signals, stopping between reps to simiulate singles). Finally if you are planning on using any equipment other than the belt (knee wraps) begin using them 8 weeks out. Since you are a beginning lifter, you can perform a few singles after your work sets with slightly heavier weights than the work sets. How much you get out of the wraps depends on a number of factors but 10% is a good rough estimate. Good luck

Good answer.