starting strength gym

Thread: Programming Practice Sets into Main LP

Default Programming Practice Sets into Main LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey all,

I am running into a little bit of trouble technique wise, with both my squat and deadlift. My deadlift form is faultering after the first 2 reps (I am using the 1x5 set/rep scheme still), in the fact that I feel like I squat down more and lose my near vertical shin. My belt is constantly riding up my back at the bottom as well, which i attribute to not pressing into it enough. As for my squat, I seem to lose technique as I progressively get heavier.

My question is this, is it possible to program relatively heavy practice sessions of both the squat and deadlift into normal programming to fix these technique/tightness problems? I am running the Advanced Novice LP currently, where Wednesday is my "light" squat day. This conundrum is entirely new to me, and I am unsure why I am having these problems. Am I getting lax in my technique mentality?

Thanks!

I'd have to see some video to know what you are doing, but this doesn't sound like a programming issue. The light day on Wednesday is probably good for you on the Squat. Send some video to the SSC staff in the forum upstairs and let them take a look