starting strength gym

Thread: Missing a week on 8/5/2?

Default Missing a week on 8/5/2?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Andy,

I have been running a 4 day split of your KSC Method for powerbuilding, and thanks to work and summer bullshit, I will be missing a week of 2's. Where do I go from here? Try the 2's next week? My next session will be Wednesday and my last session was Sunday the 16th.

Thanks and BTW, the 8/5/2 progression has been great! KSC Method for Power Building is worth every penny!

Just hop back into your program and go for it. Prove to yourself that you actually detrained. I tend to think this is a little overblown and week missed here or there is not as detrimental as people make it out to be. I think it's a confidence thing for a lot of people as much as anything. If you don't get your set x rep x weight goals then just try that weight again next cycle as the program calls for. Hit your assistance/supplemtnal stuff hard this week and you'll be prepared for the 8s next week. My guess is you will be fine

I have the KSC Method also and am running it as a 4 Day, I added Upper back to Quad Day and more lat/upper back to Deadlift Day, would that be the best way to turn it from 5 Day to 4?

Curious how you set it up as 4 Day instead of 5, cause I did same

Curios how you setup into 4 day?

Slyde,

1) You don't need to post everything multiple times. Your posts don't show up when you hit "reply." They show up when I find them and reply to them. Sometimes a delay of several hours or days.

2) The way you tweaked the split is fine. Not everyone is going to do all of the assistance work so it makes it easier to consolidate days

Great thank you Andy, and apologize for the multiple posts

No problem man.

starting strength coach development program
    Andy,

I finally returned to my basement gym this morning and hit my 2's on Bench. It has been exactly 2 weeks since my last bench workout that was my week of "Fahves."

The sets of 2's went up without any problems and it's another week of PR's! Plus, I hit the assistance work hard like you said, and now my wife can't keep her hands off of me!

Thanks again Andy! This program has been great!