starting strength gym

Thread: Adding in snatches

Default Adding in snatches

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been doing a 5x5 program because it's the program I started and I didn't want to be a pussy and switch. Anyway, I had some questions about snatches.

My workouts previously looked like:

A Squat, press, rows
    B Squat, Bench, DL (1x5)

Now, I'm of two minds on where I could put them (at 5x2). I thought it would make most sense to program them after squats, as they would interfere the least with the pressing movements.

However, my squat grip really exposes inflexibility in my arms and shoulders, and it usually doesn't feel 'right' and secure until the second or third set. So I thought starting with snatches may help with that.

Where would it make sense to put them? I feel the benefits of doing them already, and I can't rack the clean, so I want to continue doing them. I just know so little about the long term and intra workout recovery process for them that I sought advice.

I'd do them on your A workout in place of Rows. Since Deads don't take very long at 1x5, you can do some rows after you deadlift if you have time/energy

I'm hesitant to let up on rows.. they're my most securely advancing lift. Ive been adding 5 pounds every time and it feels like it's getting lighter - I did 150 across today and I felt like I could have done another 10 pounds or 5 reps per set.

So after deadlifts, that sounds best. Not every workout sounds like the best plan. Appreciate the reply.

I misread your reply. Makes more sense now lol. I wasn't disregarding just was in post PR euphoria.