starting strength gym

Thread: GGW review . 8 Pack abs guaranteed!

Default GGW review . 8 Pack abs guaranteed!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ran this whole program during a cut ( had intended to end cut for last month) and couldn't be more pleased.

Male 43 6'1" very active playing baseball (hardball) twice a week and basketball 1x per week.

Starting BW 217 , ended program at 205

Starting Maxes

P 175
    B 270
    S 375 apx
    DL 405

Press and bench both went up 5 lbs which is great to even sustain strength during a cut, let along add some. Ran this with the press priority.

Couldn't test squat ad DL at the end as I tweaked hamstring playing baseball 2 weeks ago. Was able to squat 335 4x4 in week 9 which was a volume pr for me.

Best strength of the program is that it's not overly taxing. A few tough weeks in there, but if you get your max close at the start, the % works very well. The fact that I could recover while playing competitive sports and strength train is awesome.Can only imagine numbers will improve greatly back on a calorie surplus and no baseball.

My only gripe if there is one, is that you don't get to hit weekly/monthly PR's ala Texas Method or 531.

Now that I'm back on a caloric surplus, I'm going to run a more aggressive template of HLM something similar to those of PPST to have some fun and set more PRs, but will no doubt turn to GGW again as I know it's more sustainable long term.

Thanks, glad you had success with the program.

This was my exact same experience on GGW while playing baseball. I am also doing a volume cycling HLM now for a more aggressive approach. Im not even gaining weight and I am getting a lot stronger very fast.